Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm bad at blogging


Wow...so I just figured out now that I can use image URL's off of facebook and things to upload photos onto the blog. Huh!

Sorry I've been terrible at keeping things updated lately, a lot has been going on, and I still don't have my own computer back! (Thank goodness Mike has two...really!)

What has happened since I last posted anything?
Well, I did say I had to do a presentation. It went very well, despite people almost being late, and we were all in various stages of being ill (I'm no longer ill, by the way!), and our presentation was about 3 times longer than everyone else's that day because we were a group of four people with apparently a lot (30 minutes worth) to say about shops in 12th - 17th century England. And for someone who hates being up in front of people doing a talk, that is a long time to stand awkwardly...especially when your reading bit was in the first 10-15 minutes. Teeerrible! But this was the least nervous I've ever been before / during a presentation, so I'm making some progress here people!
That's what this year is about right? Growing, and experiencing new things, and meeting people, and adventuring! And university...I guess that's pretty important too~ ;)

The next day I had a class in the Old Fulling Mill, which is also called the University of Durham Archaeology Museum! It's a lovely spot, way down below the castle right by the river. You'd think it would just be magical, and it is...until the director hazarded to mention that because it is a mill the river runs right underneath the collections storage. Everyone who knows something of conservation, I can feel you cringing in horror! In the 1800's, the building was a museum as well, but after countless floods into their storage areas they decided to move and the building was used for other things...til my department came along, wonderfully forgetting of the floods, and moved a pile of artifacts back in! Thankfully they have learned what the Victorians already found out, and this is the last few months of the Arky museum being located in a building that is occationally 1/4 full of water.

What else has happened lately?

Oh maybe just something little..like KELSEY MOVED TO MY HOUSE!
We went on a mission at 10:30pm on wed to the train station, as a house, to pick her up! It was great seeing her again after two months, and now she's all moved into the loft-fort and sees to be loving it! We did try our best to clean it, I promise. We're had two excellent days of adventuring around Durham and doing a bit of shopping (I needed new pants quite a bit) and eating tasty things, and going to tesco! Kelsey took the two pictures I used here on her fancy Iphone5. The top one is in the Continental Cafe, which is still my favourite, and the bottom is me in the graveyard at St.Oswald's Parish Church. It's my favourite~

All and all, it's been pretty good! I've being doing..more work than I was a few weeks ago, but still not as much as I knoooow I'm going to be doing in a couple more months! gawd.
I've got to write most of a paper this weekend. Dr.Graves is letting us modify the essay topic from Sex and Shopping to be about just what we each researched for our parts of the presentation...so I get to go look at and write about moooore floor plans for the next two days!

Also, tomorrow there is a lecture by Paul Bahn. Oh yes...that Bahn. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment gives me a smile, leave a few and stay a while! (well...that's just cheesy..)