Thursday, November 22, 2012

Adventures with Dell.


Have a photo by Kelsey! I still can't do pictures from my camera til my computer is better~ But the other night we went out for a little pub dinner, and Kelsey took that picture of the castle lit up at night! and by night I mean..oh..5pm?

Here we go~
I had a lovely little picture and things lined up of myself being pleased about my computer, but then...as I was cheerily type-typing away...the computer shut off again.

I just sat and looked at it...slightly unable to understand what was going on.
"Computer...why?" I said, looking from it to Kelsey, who was happily curled up on the couch in the living room, giggling over something she was reading online.
Kelsey looked up, a bit worried, and asked what was going on.

"Nothing. It's dead again..."

and so I had to call Dell again.

Lets give a bit of back story on this one:
I don't like arguing with people. I don't like confrontation, or angry and tense situations. I avoid them, and do everything I can not to find myself in the middle of one because it's just a terrible place to be! Frustration isn't handled well in my little world, and usually ends with tears (or at the very least, watery eyes) because I just don't know what to do anymore. It's not a good way to react, I know, I know...but that's just what happens. This is why I take breaks while working, and don't get angry often..things like that. Frustration is not my friend!

So well on the phone with Dell, I was getting very, very frustrated. Mike and Kelsey were both sitting in the room with me while I talked to them, and went from making jokes in the background to silently watching the scene unfold as my sentences became a little more clipped than usual..until I looked at them in a bit of a fluster and handed the headset (called over skype) to Kelsey.

Kelsey took over for me, and with her being a computer/technology person she knew exactly how to handle the man on the other end of the phone, and just...destroyed him.
Thank you to Kelsey! They are sending a repair man today sometime with a load of parts to try and make it work again, and there was no mention of charging me for it...because they made me pay for a new motherboard yesterday that apparently did nothing at all.

The outcome of this is pretty much that if they can't fix my computer, not only me, but everyone is my house is very close to tossing the thing out of the loft. It's been a very expensive paperweight for weeks now, and if the man can't fix it today..well...lets say Dell is not getting my buiness again.

Is that enough of a post for today?

Oh, and my 3000 word paper is at...2995 words? I think that will do! Meeting with the prof. on monday morning, and we'll go over it and things, and then I have to actually do the citations properly instead of just jamming random reminders everywhere, and put all the images in instead of going (IMAGE) where I intend to put one! It's going well though~ Then I have another 1500 word paper to do before christmas, and some artifact thing in Newcastle the week after next?
Oh, and my dad is coming to visit soon! :O yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment gives me a smile, leave a few and stay a while! (well...that's just cheesy..)