Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reading Week Food Adventures (part 2)

Photobucket


Here on reading week cooking part two...I made my favourite pasta sauce of all time, of which I don't really know the name of. But I call it 'Pasta-Veggie Sauce' ! (mildly editted to fit what we had)

Finely chop an onion, 2 cloves of garlic, a few tomatoes, 2 or 3 carrots, and two sticks of celery. Put in a pot with a can of tomato sauce/paste and some chili pepper flakes, and simmer on the stove with the lid partly on for 45 minutes to an hour.
After 45 minutes to an hour, blend it into a puréed mass in the blender, then add 1/4th cup of olive oil, and return to the stove for 15 minutes with the lit fully on (after you've stirred in the oil!!).
During this time, cook your pasta.

Tada!

(This was yesterday's. Today Katelyn will make something~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment gives me a smile, leave a few and stay a while! (well...that's just cheesy..)