Tuesday, September 20, 2011

When I'm lazy about the blog, I take a picture with the webcam.

Photobucket


Just to let people know I'm still alive and things!

Today I had my class on Geoarchaeology! We talked about soil layers...and I almost fell asleep. I should stop forgetting to make tea when I get up, I think! Also, I don't like sitting in class for more than 50 minutes. The classes on Tues/Thurs are only twice a week of course, buuuut that means they are an extra 25 minutes long each and you can definitely tell! Ah Well. The prof said to not wear nice clothing to the labs this week, and we would be playing with soil types and doing texture and things. (This is good, as I never got to do context sheets in the field this summer) So excited!

After class I met up with Christina and went to rejoin the Alberta Arky society, and Chacmool for this school year! We also joined the school's shiny new TOMS club, which is going to organizing shoe drives, and a proper One Day Without Shoes and everything! I'm pretty darn excited for that! They gave us a couple TOMS stickers, like the one on my laptop. (Jimmy, I'll keep one here for you if you like?)

I fixed my TOMS today, in other news. Hadn't done any darning in aaages. And I got to use some of the embroidery thread I picked up on the IOM for just such a reason~

Off to Early Medieval Europe class, where the prof did her masters on 9th century Viking raids, and I have to go early to get a good seat! I shall finish that coffee, and pack a snack! (meeting with some arky people after to discuss a theoretical problem from class. Ancient Mexico class! bwaha!)

1 comment:

  1. So cool about the TOMS club..I'm wearing my "make art not war"..although, they look like they've been through a lot. I still wear them.

    ReplyDelete

Every comment gives me a smile, leave a few and stay a while! (well...that's just cheesy..)