Friday, November 5, 2010

The 5th of November.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Firstly let me explain the centre photo there. Part of our rowing team is off at the Canadian University (CU) rowing championships at the moment, and we decided to paint the school rock the evening before they all left, for support! It was clearly night time and wuite cold (though that isn't quite as evident). That rock was a brownish colour before we decided to paint it with the glossiest red paint we could get our hands on. And the lady even gave us a discount! How lovely is that?
Anyways, the painting took a while and looked fantastic when we were all finished. However when we all got up the next moring...lo and behold, someone had already painted over most of it! How horrible..
They'd left the side that was painted with some interesting rowing jokes, that are now totally out of context. (things like 'follow your cox' and such)

And then today!
My arky class was cancelled, which was super lame for two reasons:
1. I love archaeology class!
2. It's at 8am...I could have slept in. But I didn't find out it was cancelled until I walked allll the way across campus. D:

But there was an open-lab at 9am, so I went to that and drew some projectile-points for the fun of it, and had some questions answered by my lab TA. Helpful for the report I need to get started on soon!

I have a cold from last weekend's swim in the ocean...blech.

Also:
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's mercy he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Hulloa boys, Hulloa boys, let the bells ring.
Hulloa boys, hulloa boys, God save the King!

To study!

5 comments:

  1. Best poem to ever have a wicked movie created about it eeeeeever!!!!!!!!

    i like the rock, i wouldn't have painted over it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool words.

    wow, that was a cool job you guys did on that rock.

    love the shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s..I'm doing the nanaowrimo..so I have a blog..that has bits of the novel..and just ranting about writing..etc. Mostly just a place to blow off steam and write about what friends have told me about writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nanowrimo is National Novel Writing month. Except its pretty much global. Its where you write between Nov. 1 -Nov. 30 ..50,000 word novel.

    So you just get to writing, describing to your hearts content to get that word count in. There is a lot of fantasy and fan fic going on.

    Find out more here..http://www.nanowrimo.org

    ReplyDelete

Every comment gives me a smile, leave a few and stay a while! (well...that's just cheesy..)