Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dirt-stained fingertips leave fingerprints on walls.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Bellina top, GAP spring skirt, thrifted belt, necklace from New Zealand)


Today I got up late and lazed around my house, pleased to have a few hours of time in a morning for the first time in over a week. Potatoes make a fantastic breakfast, and when accompanied by the charming Doctor...well! I've beet totally wrapped up in Doctor Who for a while now and having just been away for two weeks missed a lot of episodes! Luckily I have time to watch them all in between the actual airing ones. You know what you are so into something that you start seeing things everywhere that relate to it in some way. Yup, I'm there. (also the same for Harry Potter, and LOTR)

I also have a dilemma. I'm building a carbon-fibre mandolin with my dad, and I have to decide if I need a new tailpiece for it or not. The one I was to purchase is $90.00, nickle plated bronze. Bronze tail pieces are supposed to greatly improve the sound (or so I've heard). Do any of you know anything on the subject?

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful outfit!

    And beautiful watch, may I add!

    Best wishes from one blogger to another,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The henna art looks great Robyn, keep up the good work! I don't know anything about mandolins but I know of somebody who made his own guitar.... I'll ask if he knows anything on mandolins for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit and I love the henna art.

    ReplyDelete

Every comment gives me a smile, leave a few and stay a while! (well...that's just cheesy..)