Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Felt.

Has anyone ever been forced to read the short story 'The Veldt' in their english classes in grade 9? Actually, that was one of the few stories I actually liked from the course.

Here I have photos of a bag for you! (it's made of felt)

Photobucket
Photobucket


sorry...that second picture isn't allowing me to turn it!

I made this last night! Sort of highjacked the design from a ..polish? designer's website after two weeks of staring at a similar bag and wondering how I could get it. Two hours of sewing, and lining with velvet later and I have this intense bag!
It has yet to have a clasp of any sort put on it, but if I tuck the top inside, as the top photo shows, you get a sort of clam-shaped thing which is pretty wicked too.

I told my friend, and she said I'm the only person she knows that would say "Look at this bag I just made" instead of "just bought". Haha. I know a lot of you bloggers out there are the crafty sort, but I guess the people I'm around most of the time aren't? (which is why I like to make things for them all~)

Now then, if you'll all excuss me I have some spanish homework to do, text to study...and then a nap to take somewhere in the midst of that all! Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh! Make me a bag! That is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bag! It kinda reminds me of a sporran... oooooooh Idea! A sporran bag!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment gives me a smile, leave a few and stay a while! (well...that's just cheesy..)