Monday, June 7, 2010

All the fun and adventure of a mountain, without leaving your living room?

Today marks the last concert band class where I will actually be playing music in. Wed. night is our concert, but apparently in class that day we won't be playing anything, just getting set up for the show.

Tomorrow morning marks the last jazz band class...ever... What sort of an awful thought is that? The coming of the end, and the end marks not but the entrance to another beginning. As something comes to a close we can only look forward to whatever next awaits us. Hopefully what awaits me will be a lot more mandolin playing, but we'll just have to see.

On this day, this is what I wore:

Photobucket
Photobucket
(Rittman's sundress, italian boots, handmade necklace, bootlegger sweater, thrifted scarf)


As always, I have mixed feelings about posting outfits continuously. I do know I post other things than just clothing on here...
However, hopefully if someone was to simply glance at this blog that they would be able to take away a facet of my personality which I hope is somewhat embedded in the way I dress. I'd like to think that you can tell something about a person by their style, whether they be poor, rich, or anywhere in the middle. Something about yourself can be spoken through the folds of fabrics that we, as humans, are wrapped in at most moments. People who dress for themselves, to please no one but themselves are the people we should be embracing in the fashion world, which is something I think blogs are very good at doing! I'm sure I come across as a bit of a bohemian, (not as a style term..."Bohemians were associated with unorthodox or anti-establishment political or social viewpoints, which were often expressed through free love, frugality, and/or voluntary poverty."-wikipedia) and am called a hippie all the time, which is totally cool. If people can tell how I want to style my life by what I wear then all power to them, it's what is intended.
I'm not totally sure where this is all going, and unless I've had a lot of time to think of something to say it sort of comes out as a random stream that trickles over the keyboard and out to all of you like some sort of torrent waterway, or a leak over your cupboard that can't be fixed.

If you read all of that, thanks!
Have a wonderful day!

Projects I have in mind for the future?
-finish sewing project 1, yet to be revielled
-sew felt bag
-get leather and make a satchel!

6 comments:

  1. I feel yr band pain! I'm going to musically miserable after I graduate next year. What will I possibly do without my baby saxophone?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...probably. I never really thought about it, though. I'm going to Columbia College in Chicago, and with it being a private arts school I'm sure they have some sort of orchestra group or at least something I could do to keep up on my playing skills(: haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great colors in your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that second photo is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, you have this bohemian whimsy vibe..love your maxi skirts..tie-dyed clothes...and just the flowing fabric on you.

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm leather. And I do agree, Fashion is definitely an art form that expresses personality. That being said, you seem like a nice person. :D

    ReplyDelete

Every comment gives me a smile, leave a few and stay a while! (well...that's just cheesy..)