Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jan 3.

Ah how I do love all these boxing week sales. They allow a poor person like me to waltz into a more expensive shop (such a Tristan) and actually buy things for once! I got this lovely little blue dress that I think I could wear to Winter formal if I actually decide to go for..35$, I think? yay!
It makes me very happy, this dress. The botton reminds me of a balloon, and the sleeves look Victorian! (in my historical-obsessed mind, at least)

Pictures! Ignore my cluttered room!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Tada! I love it, even though it is very heavy. More so to hold though, not to wear.
(I had no idea my legs looked that long...hmm.)

Also, kittens, I made a discovery while I was shopping yesterday! I went into Bootlegger's and as I was walking by this large mirror in the center of the store, I stopped and stared at the reflection thinking 'now, I'm sure my legs are not actually that thin..hmm'
I think walked up to the mirror, and called over my father. We then realized that the mirror had a curve to it, making it appear as though you are actually thinner than you are!
"Objects in mirror are wider than they appear?" I think so.
Very devious store-owners...very very devious.

Also, also to Sasha: I want to come 'home' again soon! I don't know when I can though, which is very terrible.


I think I need to stop wanting things...you know? We live in a society that seems to thrive off of ownership of things, be those things clothing, property, cars, gadgets, ect, and I don't think it's healthy for our own selves, or our pocketbooks. I have to admit that I am just like most of our society...when I see something pretty that I think I 'need', I have to either buy it or run away screaming to supress the urge. And I really dislike that! I know I don't need to own all the things I do to be happy, and I resolve to try a darn lot harder to stop 'wanting' things. Like that dress, though I had been meaning to get one for the Winter formal. I shall try not to carry money! I think these thoughts have always been floating around at the back of my mind, but they have recently been brought forward by a book called 'The Dispossessed'. I must read it a few more times~ haha

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm really into prim Victorian-looking stuff these days. And that mirror trick is insane! How devious of them indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely dress. great find. love the shoes too. & that artwork in the background..great stuff.

    all the best on staying focused on that resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! The mirror had a curve? Oh my,is that what shops do to make us buy their stuff? I hope not! XD

    Lovely dress! I love the flowy skirt part, it looks so sweet :)

    Goodle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome dress! and thanks for your nice comment - you're too nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Gaga esq photos, my dear ;)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment gives me a smile, leave a few and stay a while! (well...that's just cheesy..)